it's time to bring energy back to friendship heights
Donohoe Development and Carr Companies have joined together to redevelop a portion of the 5500 block of Wisconsin Avenue, including a new, high-quality apartment building with small, locally-focused shops and cafés on the ground floor – all surrounded by an innovative and attractive streetscape that will enhance the pedestrian experience on The Hills Plaza, South Park Avenue, and Wisconsin Avenue.
bringing back retail
Friendship Heights has experienced a series of retail and restaurant closings over the past years. By bringing in new residents and reimagining the retail equation, Friendship Heights will attract the kind of retail and dining that Village residents will enjoy for decades to come.
our approved plans include:
- Maintaining the Courtyard by Marriott.
- Adding an apartment building of 300 apartments with a height of 185 feet, similar to other Friendship Heights buildings.
- Providing 11,000 square feet of commercial and retail with shops and cafes on the ground floor.
- Offering 15% of the apartments (45 total) as Moderately Priced Dwelling Units, for professionals who cannot afford the traditionally high rents in the community, such as teachers and first responders. This will be the only building in Friendship Heights Village to offer MPDUs.
- Adding a new connection from The Hills Plaza to Wisconsin Avenue.