Pre-Submission Community Meeting Held November 3
Thanks to the more than 50 local residents who “Zoomed” into our November 3 Community Meeting. We shared updated plans for 5500 Wisconsin such as the proposed building’s architecture and an inviting streetscape including a new shared street and retail setting. Participants had the opportunity to ask questions and share comments. We’re in the process of completing the Site Plan application and hope to submit it to the Maryland National Capital Park & Planning Commission within the next 30 days.
it's time to bring energy back to friendship heights
Donohoe Development and Carr Companies have joined together to redevelop a portion of the 5500 block of Wisconsin Avenue, including a new, high-quality apartment building with small, locally-focused shops and cafés on the ground floor – all surrounded by an innovative and attractive streetscape that will enhance the pedestrian experience on The Hills Plaza, South Park Avenue, and Wisconsin Avenue.
bringing back retail
Friendship Heights has experienced a series of retail and restaurant closings over the past years. By bringing in new residents and reimagining the retail equation, Friendship Heights will attract the kind of retail and dining that Village residents will enjoy for decades to come.
our plans include:
- Maintaining the Courtyard by Marriott.
- Adding an apartment building of up to 320 apartments with a maximum height of 180 feet, similar to other Friendship Heights buildings.
- Providing up to 15,000 square feet of commercial and retail with shops and cafes on the ground floor.
- Offering 15% of the apartments as Moderately Priced Dwelling Units, for professionals who cannot afford the traditionally high rents in the community, such as teachers and first responders. This will be the only building in Friendship Heights Village to offer MPDUs.
- Adding a new connection from The Hills Plaza to Wisconsin Avenue.
Ch/Art presents WOW! (Windows on Wisconsin) art exhibitions at 5500 Wisconsin. Visit our windows to view a rotating display of works by neighborhood artists. Part IV of the exhibition is now on display, and a new round of artists will be featured in Part V beginning mid-December.
Schedule a 5500 Wisconsin Presentation
We’ve presented our plans at meetings with numerous Friendship Heights organizations and condominium associations, chatted with neighbors at our table at the Friendship Heights Farmers’ Market, held a community-wide forum and presented our plans to the Friendship Heights Village Council. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know so many of our neighbors and hearing their comments.
If your association would like to schedule a presentation,
please contact us at community@5500 Wisconsin.com.