it's time to bring energy back to friendship heights
Donohoe Development and Carr City Centers have joined together to redevelop a portion of the 5500 block of Wisconsin Avenue, including a new, high-quality apartment building with small, locally-focused shops and cafés on the ground floor – all surrounded by an innovative and attractive streetscape that will enhance the pedestrian experience on The Hills Plaza, South Park Avenue, and Wisconsin Avenue.
bringing back retail
Friendship Heights has experienced a series of retail and restaurant closings over the past years. By bringing in new residents and reimagining the retail equation, Friendship Heights will attract the kind of retail and dining that Village residents will enjoy for decades to come.
our plans include:
- Maintaining the Courtyard by Marriott.
- Adding an apartment building of up to 380 apartments with a maximum height of 180 feet, similar to other Friendship Heights buildings.
- Providing up to 15,000 square feet of commercial and retail with shops and cafes on the ground floor.
- Offering 15% of the apartments as Moderately Priced Dwelling Units, for professionals who cannot afford the traditionally high rents in the community, such as teachers and first responders. This will be the only building in Friendship Heights Village to offer MPDUs.
- Adding a new connection from The Hills Plaza to Wisconsin Avenue.
Schedule a 5500 Wisconsin Presentation
We have enjoyed talking with so many Friendship Heights Village residents about our vision for 5500 Wisconsin. Our deep thanks to The Carleton for graciously hosting our July 22 presentation for their residents and to the Citizens Coordinating Committee for Friendship Heights for including us on their July 21 agenda. Over the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing our plans with The Elizabeth, Somerset House Management Association and 4620 North Park.
If your association would like to schedule a presentation,
please contact us at community@5500 Wisconsin.com.